Tuesday, October 30, 2012

My Statement about Hurricane Sandy

What a year this year has been so far. Many areas across the US and beyond have been affected by nasty weather and other emergencies.
 Hurricane Irene has already flooded out and snowed in many people across the East Coast.
 My area is just now beginning to get the weather. We have bitter cold temps and the rain is just now starting to turn into snow. At this time my area is just expected to get up to 3 inches over night, continuing into Wednesday.  I know that is not as bad or life threatening as it has been to  other areas along the East Coast, and my heart and prayers go out to those being affected and their families.
I have family in Maryland and South West Virginia that are undergoing hard hits . I hope my family and yours stays safe and warm during this devastating weather.
Tip: if you have drafty areas in your house, take newspaper and fold the pages longways, and stick into any gaps in the door or windows. This will help keep the heat in and prevent you from having to turn the heat up [if you have electric heat], saving on your energy bill  a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment